

Two Saturdays ago, Tim and I went to the wedding of one of his high school friends. Said friend happens to have a cousin (who was in attendance at the wedding) who's a dead ringer for Martin Sheen. As a matter of fact, this cousin has served as a stand-in for Charlie's dad, and did some work on the West Wing.The two above pictures by me don't really do him justice... thanks to Jill for pretending I was actually trying to take a picture of her and not "Sheen".
Myself and a few of the other spouses at the wedding were obsessed with this guy. I mean, he has the hair and the mannerisms down pat. So, toward the end of the night, when this look-a-like was well sauced, one of the husbands convinced him to have his picture taken with us. He slurred, "Of course, I'll always take a picture with some pretty white girls." (See below for the group shot)
Seriously, that's what he said. He was so sauced and we were so stunned, that what he said didn't really sink in until he was gone and the picture had been taken. There are so many ironies to his statement.... 1) my son is black (something I would have brought up had I realized exactly what he said when he said it) 2) his cousin had just married a Mexican-America 3) there were African-Americans in attendance who were obviously friends of the couple. What a dirt bag! -Sarah
2 comments:
Wow.
dirt bag!
Post a Comment