Thursday, October 2, 2008

I HEART Our New Pediatrician

We switched pediatricians and yesterday was our first visit with the new guy. I actually fell in love with the practice when I scheduled the appointment. The office staff was SO friendly, which is the opposite of the old place... never returned my calls, double billed me, never returned my calls, dismissed Nigel's infected mosquito bite as "some African ritual," never returned my calls.

Our new squeeze spent an ample amount of time with us, going over records from the old doc as well as from the local international adoption clinic. The clinic had suggested that we re-immunize Nigel just in case some of the meds weren't up to par. So, we started round one of catch up: Nigel got 4 shots and some drops in his mouth. Poor baby bear screamed louder than he did when the clinic took 6 vials of blood for testing last month. He did well afterward, though.

So how does he stack up? Well, he's super healthy. YEAH!!!!! He weighs nearly 19 pounds now and he's in the 97th percentile for height! - Sarah

2 comments:

Chad said...

dismissed Nigel's infected mosquito bite as "some African ritual,"

Um, pardon my French, but WTF? DEALBREAKER!

Emily B. said...

I'm so nervous about finding a good Pediatrician. S/he has to have a nice staff, has to be able to squeeze us in immediately if there's an illness, and obviously has to like (all) kids and be knowledgable. Yikes- there's so much riding on this decision!.

But I'm so glad that you switched when you weren't happy. I know people that would be afraid to "hurt the dr's feelings". Which is dumb, I know. So you go girl! :)