Thursday, January 15, 2009

How Big Is Nigel? Soooooooo Big!

By Ethiopian standards, at least, Nigel was a beast when he came home. And he's continued to grow, although it's leveling off some (and my back is very happy about that). At his latest checkup on Tuesday he weighed 21.5 lbs and was 29.5 inches long. He's practically a grown man, people!
And he's moving on the big boy stuff, too.

Nigel started full-on crawling about a week after this post. He's pulling up on things. And this week he started walking behind a push toy!

He transitioned into a convertible car seat, which contrary to the test run in the living room he actually does like. If you have a girl (or don't mind putting your boy in a flowery seat), click here for a really good deal on the Britax Marathon, which is rated super high with Consumer Reports. I got Nigel's right after Christmas for $209, but the flowery ones are $189 with free shipping. Compare that to upwards of $279 at Target!


And with the presence of three teeth, it was time to get down to the business of brushing. To spread the love around, I put Tim in charge of this since I'm usually the one who does the "mean" tasks (hair combing, nose picking/sucking, etc). But wouldn't ya know it, the kid actually likes having his teeth brushed!



3 comments:

Bethany said...

my goodness he is a big boy! haha Leul is only 25-26lbs and 33inches...many Nigel might by pass his buddy over here! haha

kisses!

Anonymous said...

holy crap. Am I supposed to be brushing Elsa's teeth already? I wish someone would TELL me these things! How/when/how often are you doing it? Do you use toothpaste?

Emily B. said...

I would LOVE to see your packing list. Thank you!!!

emberger1@yahoo.com