We got word earlier this week that Nigel's re-adoption in Virginia is complete (the paperwork was actually signed on April Fool's Day... hopefully that's no omen). So, once we get his VA birth certificate in the mail we can apply for a social security number and a certificate of citizenship!
It's a relief! Not so much because I was afraid someone could come and take him - actually, I've never had that feeling, which kind of surprises me now that I think about it - but because it just means we're one more step to just BEING!
Part of me is sad to see his Green Card and Ethio Passport become invalid, though. I feel very comforted by the legality of those documents. It's something little that carries a lot of weight if his status or relationship to us was ever questioned by someone in authority (doctor, police, etc.). So, for that reason I think we'll go ahead and get a US Passport, too. - Sarah
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
congrats! that's a huge step.
just curious- do they actually TAKE the ET passport and green card or do they just become invalid? (hello... scrapbook here I come!)
TIA!
Congratulations on this milestone!!!!
YEAH NIGEL!!!!! I feel like such...when does our paper work end? lol. well that's just exciting! One more step to just being DONE with all the paper work! hip-hip-hooray!
Thanks for the post above :-)
Post a Comment