Sunday, October 14, 2007

A day of culture

Following the Gurskes' lead, Tim and I took in some Ethiopian culture this weekend at the National Folk Festival. This year is our city's last year as host, but there are plans to continue the fun next year when the festival moves on to another city.

The very first group we heard was the Moges Seyoum & The Yared Choir, Ethiopian Christian liturgical music based out of D.C. It was very moving on many levels, and I hope that when we travel to Ethiopia we can visit a church so we can hear it live again. We bought CDs to tide us over in the meantime.

And speaking of the Gurskes, we've been tagged for the very first time. I'll come back later today for that! - Sarah

1 comment:

Gurskes said...

Hi Guys!!

I'm so glad you got a taste of the culture! I was going to ask what the name of the CD's are and if you can buy them through a company? We are way into the music!!

Cheers and Tick...Tock...Tick...Tock...if you catch my drift :-)

Bethany!!