Tuesday, November 20, 2007

international food week at work

This week at my place of employment we had what was deemed "International" food week. Last week was African week and one day was specifically Ethiopian food. I thought this was going to cool, but I was utterly disappointed. The meal was some stew served over toast(yes toast not njeria?) with some collard greens. I was so let down as I was looking forward to this all month.

We have a local grocer who sells organic foods and they carry hot dishes prepared by our local Ethiopian restaurant. On Monday I called up there to make sure that they still had some of the food left and the person I talked to (after waiting for 8 minutes) said that they had plenty of food of left. So I called sarah and she was going to stop there on her way home and pick some up. Of course they were out of food. We're seriously jonesing for some Ethiopian food.

Second topic does any one now what all of the hubbub was about with Beyonce in Ethiopia? -Tim

No comments: