Our blog pal Bethany tagged me the other day, so here goes....
8 Things I'm Passionate About
1. My Family - my mom and brothers have always been SO supportive of me
2. My husband - Tim and I aren't perfect but he's an amazing person whom I love deeply.
3. Our pets (two dogs, Wrangler and Hazel, and cat Milton)
4. My career, even though I'm not always in love with it
5. Talking up adoption
6. Food - I love to eat and cook like there's no tomorrow
7. Gardening. There's not much green in our yard at the moment, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy gardening.
8. All things Ethiopian - the food, the music, the people, the culture... I love it all.
8 Things I Want to Do Before I Die
1. Travel the world. I've been to the UK and France, most of the East Coast of the U.S. and some of the middle, but there's so much left in the world that I haven't seen.
2. Be published in a national magazine or newspaper.
3. Be the best mom and wife I can be.
4. Take my mom to Italy because she's always wanted to go.
5. Learn to cook Ethiopian food
6. Complete a Century. Tim and I rode 40 miles last May but I wanna do 100!
7. Complete more than 1 adoption
8. See my oldest brother become a millonaire and my youngest brother finish law school.
8 Things I Often Say
1. Milton (the cat), don't you dare knock over that picture frame/lamp/statue.
2. Damn it, Milton, why did knock that over? It wasn't bothering you at all!
3. Seriously (Bethany and I have that in common)My youngest brother, John, started it.
4. No, nothing new on the adoption front, but thanks for asking.
5. Grande skim latte, please.
6. People make me naseuous (a dear pal, Emili, who used to work at the magazine with me, said this and it's so true when you come across the kind of people I do on a regular basis)
7. I can't wait until my brother comes home from Iraq
8. Tim, I think the litter box needs to be changed (Tim reminded me that the last time I took out the litter box was when we were still trying to get pregnant and I convinced him that cat poo is bad for folks who are preggers. Yikes, that was nearly two years ago. Sorry, hun)
8 TV Shows I Recently Watched
1. Lost - What, you're not a fan? Well, put 'em in your Netflix rotation because you don't know what you're missing
2. MadTV - I pretty much watch an episode every Sunday morning. I used to be a huge SNL fan, but this show is actually much funnier.
3. Everyday Italian
4. Barefoot Contessa (I told you I love cooking at the Food Network)
5. American Idol
6. Best Week Ever (I love pretty much any show on VH1)
7. Intervention on A&E
8. the local news
8 Songs I Never Tire of Listening To
1. Rehab by Amy Winehouse
2. Fit But You Know It by The Streets
3. Anything by the Killers, Morrissey, the Beastie Boys, Michael Jackson or The Police
4. Ain't No Other Man by Christina Aguilera
5. It Ends Tonight by the All-American Rejects
6. Love Like Winter by AFI
7. Jenny Don't Be Hasty by Paolo Nutini
8. White Flag by Dido
8 Things That Attract Me To My Friends Hmm... don't have 8 since everyone has their own unique things to bring to the table.
1. Loyalty
2. Down-to-earth personality
3. Sense of humor
4. Intelligence and drive
8 Things I Learned in 2007
1. An adoption will take longer than you expect
2. I'm stronger than I ever imagined!
3. My husband can accomplish anything.
4. Through the death of her father and brother and the deployment of her son, my mom remains the strongest person I know!
5. Friendships perservere despite miles of seperation!
6. Family is more important than any job
7. I dislike planning events
8. Lost is the best TV show ever!!!
I tag Tim, who I'm sure won't get to this until tomorrow because he's wathing the Superbowl. - Sarah
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment