Today I turned 29. Seriously, 29. As in next year I'll be 30! Not a biggie, or so I say now... we'll see.
The celebrations began last night when my MIL and I had dinner and good conversation at Karsen's in Carytown. Tonight we're having dinner at my mom's and tomorrow after we help Tim's grandmother move we're doing something, too!
In honor of my special day, here are 29 things you may or may not know about me:
1: I LOVE Michael Jackson. Watch out if he's on the radio while you're in the car with me.
2: As evidenced by No. 1, I love all things 1980s. I really wish my hair was long enough to rock a side pony tail like this gal.
3: I could eat nachos, Ethiopian food or sushi everyday and not get sick of them.
4: I was less than a month away from going away to college to be an environmental scientist when I remembered I suck at math!
5: Gin and tonics are my favorite cocktail.
6: I have serious dad issues. Well, HAD. But I still wish he was at least half the person I think he should be so I could have him in my life.
7: I've interviewed Wanda Sykes and Mo Rocca.
8: During my first assignment ever as a health reporter I witnessed robotic heart surgery and had to be rushed out of the room because I was about to faint. I've since seen several brain and spinal surgeries.
9: I miss my grandparents like crazy.
10: My memory is off the hook! I can remember the littlest things from my childhood.
11: I snagged my husband by using a cheeseball pick-up line at the gym.
12: I'm scared to death of being a stay-at-home-mom.
13: I've taken a cooking class with Food Network's Dave Lieberman.
14: Cold Stone Creamery's cheesecake ice cream is da bomb!
15: I'm super proud of my little brothers and all they have accomplished, but I will always think of them as 6 years old, swinging on the swing set with me and making up silly songs.
16: I first learned how to drive on an old pick up truck in a cow field.
17: I hate spider crickets.
18: Roasted Brussels sprouts and beets are my favorite veggies.
19: I exercise in my dreams every night.
20: My culinary goals include mastering my nana's potatoes http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifand onions, learning to cook at least one Ethiopian dish and making my mom's chicken chow mein on my own.
21: I have wolf-like hearing and get really stressed when I hear loud noises or am in crowds.
22: I want to meet Anthony Bourdain and Jim Breuer.
23: I'm not thrilled with my first name. I used to tell people that my real first name was Elizabeth (my maiden middle name). I thought that was exotic because it has a 'Z' in it.
24: I'm like 1/16 American Indian.
25: I hate chain restaurants, but I crave PF Chang's spicy chicken.
26: I can make sushi rolls.
27: We bought our first house, where we live now, from my former youth group adviser and his wife.
28: Soccer is my favorite sport and I wish I watched it more.
29: Sundays are my lazy days. I catch reruns of Best Week Ever and The Soup and watch the occasional Lifetime movie, no matter how corny.
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Did you just enable comments on your blog??? I feel like you used to not allow comments....did I make that up? Am I confused?
Happy Birthday! 29 is nothin... I am inching really close to 32 and CAN NOT believe it. Suddenly 40 seems very young.
I love a good Lifetime movie on a Sunday afternoon too... :)
Happy Birthday! I'll be 29 in August (aaauugh!). So, let's see if this makes you feel old- New Kids on The Block are celebrating their 20th anniversary! 20 years!! Come on- you know you had a favorite... mine was Donny :)
Happy belated birthday! This is such a great post. I love learning these VERY INTERESTING things about you. Nachos, sushi, Ethiopian - my top 3. Mo Rocca? So jealous. See you in Addis - SOON!
Post a Comment