Thanks to two fabulous friends, my mom and brother are friends of the Blair House, which allows them to attend two parties a year there. These are definitely not my people: too rich, too powerful and too posh to be in my circle. Nevertheless, I went as a guest on Thursday and had a fab time! Here's the play-by-play:
My oldest younger brother, George, sported some new facial hair.

George and our fab pal Jay, who helps orchestrate parking and helps us with the Metro.

To say I'm obsessed with subways is an understatement. The ride on the Metro is always the highlight of the trip for me.

If you look really hard you can see a woman in the background. She's an old-school TV journalist, but I can't remember her name to save my life. If you know who she is you'll be the hero of the day! Last time I met Sandra Day O'Connor.

My mom and George. This place was really decked out for the holidays.

Jay and a minister in the Korean government check out the bedroom suite where the Obamas will stay before the inauguration. Below is the bathroom.


I toured the Wedgewood plant in England when I was in high school so I always love spotting the pieces. There are plenty at Blair House.
1 comment:
I thought these were pictures of my house for a second... ;)
How fun, what a treat to do some hob nobbing!! Were people looking at you when you took pictures like you were some kind of hick??? Who the hell cares anyway - fun post!
Daddy and Nigel stayed home I take it? That stinks that Tim couldn't have gone too - date nights suffer with parenthood! :(
Post a Comment