Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms and moms-to-be out there. We just finished having a brunch for my mom and Tim's grandmother and mom. I made a frittata, and note to self... do NOT touch the handle of the pan when it comes out of the oven. Yikes, I'm sure tomorrow my fingers will be feeling just lovely!

Yesterday we made some headway on the nursery. We moved two of the bookcases out to the garage with my brother George's help. Before I leave for Los Angeles on Friday we've got to get the other stuff out or into the middle of the room so the painter can work when I get back. I'm really starting the see the space as a nursery.

So, obviously no news on a referral. I, like so many other waiting families in the Ethiopia program, am hoping that if we get a referral it's by July so we can travel before the courts in Ethiopia close down in October (they do every year). If the referrals keep coming at the current rate July's not that unrealistic.

Well, I've got to set up Tim's new iPod for him so he can take it to New Mexico next week while he's at a business conference. It's so weird that we're not going to see each other for more than a week. Even when we were dating we were never apart for more than 2 days. - Sarah

2 comments:

Anna said...

I actually think I might enjoy being apart from my old man every once in a while :)
Then we would be so happy to see each other when we came back!
Thanks for the shout out on the whfc board.
We are so close!

Nicholas said...

Congratulations Momma!

www.theparkersadopt.blogspot.com