Monday, March 23, 2009

No, Thank YOU!

My awesome husband wrote this lovely post the other day, and it really touched me. One thing I've always loved about our relationship is our mutual respect for each other's "me" time. And since Nigel's been home, Tim is hyper aware of my need for space sometimes. After he decompresses for a few minutes after work, he plays with Nigel or takes him for a walk while I get some freelance work done. On the weekends, if we don't have anything going on he'll get Nigel up and feed him breakfast just so I can have an extra hour of sleep.

On the surface, these are all really small things that in actuality any husband/father should do. But I fully recognize that everyone isn't married to a man who sees marriage as an equal partnership. And I also know that I'm terribly lucky that although Tim goes to work early, he also comes home from work early. I am forever grateful that he's in my life. Love you, honey! - Sarah

1 comment:

Corinne said...

Awww, you guys are so healthy! I am always thanking my lucky stars that I am married to a wonderful guy who does his fair share - when he can, it really makes all the difference. Best, Corinne (mayasmercato.com)