Sunday, July 6, 2008

We're Finally in the 21st Century

Last Sunday, at the shower hosted by my pal Sarah, Tim's dad and stepmother gave us a digital camera! I don't consider ourselves that out of the loop (we do have a DVD player, cell phones and iPods), but when I told my youngest brother we finally got a digital camera he said, "Welcome to the 21st Century." Ok, so we're a little behind the times. Several years ago Tim gave me an AWESOME SLR film camera, so I wasn't ready to let go. We're still going to use that camera, but boy with this little guy come in handy. In fact, it already has... see below. We're really going modern in the next few weeks when we purchase a digital camcorder!

We took a slight step back in time this week, though, when I ordered a polaroid camera and film off of eBay. We're taking it all with us to Ethiopia so we can include some pictures of the baby and us in the album that we'll give the birth family. Can you believe that the camera was only $9.99 but the dang film was $55 for 40 exposures?!?!


This is what the nursery looked like after last week's shower. It's ordered chaos, I promise.



This morning we went to Lowe's and got shelves and hooks. My handyman, Tim, put them up!!!



After Tim put up the shelves I added some bins. I'm pooped, so the rest will just have to wait. The creatures on the right are little puppets. - Sarah

1 comment:

Nicholas said...

Ohhhh, so cute! Hoping for a travel email for you today!