Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Reward For Those Who Read 'Til The End

Wow! We leave for Ethiopia in like a week (7/25). It's funny because after all of this waiting and waiting you would think we'd be uber prepared. But, I work well under pressure, so that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Flight: Flights are booked solid through the end of August with waiting lists 70-deep, so our options were limited. Therefore, on the way back we're flying first class on Ethiopian Air. Our checkbook doesn't like that option (if anyone has a small fortune lying around we'd be glad to take it off of your hands), but I'm sure we'll appreciate all of the extra room. I apologize in advance to the posh businessmen who have no idea that they'll be sharing cabin space with a baby who will most likely be quite fussy!

Travel: Just about everyone at my work is sick or getting sick this week, so I'm downing Yogi tea and whatever else I can get my hands on to prevent the sickness from infecting the McDonald household.

Packing/buying: We have quite a few small travel-related things to buy and then there are things like get the car seat installed, figure out how the baby tub we bought works, etc.

Now, as promised, here are two pictures of our babe. If you'll remember, his name will be solidified when we meet him, so stay tuned for that in about two weeks!!! We welcome suggestions, though.



This is BabyM around 2 months. This is the first picture we saw of him.


Fast forward and this is BabyM around 3 months of age. This shot was taken by a parent who traveled to pick up her child last month. We're so grateful for this additional image. A cutey, ain't he? -Sarah

6 comments:

Danni and Tommy said...

He's just PERFECT! Yay! I'm so happy for you!

Danni and Tommy said...

I forgot to answer your question.

Yes, he's a super cutey! ...and do I really get a reward?

stephanie provo said...

He is very cute. Can't wait to meet him. Safe travels.

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

He is a cutie! Have a FABULOUS trip! You should be running around like a chicken with your head cut off right now!

Nicholas said...

Yahooo!!!

Emily B. said...

He's wonderful! I love the curls and chubby cheeks-- I'm sure they'll be kissed a lot :)

Congratulations and happy travels! Can't wait to hear all about it!!